CCI-NL Directors Course
This course is a broad introduction to condominiums that includes such topics as different types of condos, common elements, governing authority, critical documents, condominium management options, financial issues, estoppel certificate, reserve fund issues, and the duties and responsibilities of the Board and Property Manager.
This course is scheduled on an as-needed basis. Contact David Cumming at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
CCI-NL Realtors Course
This course is designed as a self-paced reading assignment with comprehension questions at the end. The four chapters each include four multiple choice questions at the end of each Chapter. An Addendum with tips for Realtors is provided at the end of the course. This course is available free of charge to CCI NL members. For non-members, the individual registration cost is $47.50.
Chapter 1: INTRODUCTION TO CONDOMINIUMS
Topics covered include CCI Objectives, NLAR Condo Course Objectives, overview on history of condos in NL, an extensive analysis of condominium data carried out in the Spring of 2019 and basic information on condominiums.
Chapter 2: GOVERNING AUTHORITY, STRUCTURE, ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES
This chapter describes condo governing documents, structure and role of the Declarant, Board of Directors and Property Manager.
Chapter 3: MANAGEMENT STYLES
This is a detailed description of the different management options for condominiums - self managed by the Board of Directors, professionally managed by a Full Service Property Manager or an alternative management style.
Chapter 4: MANAGEMENT ISSUES
Topics include detailed descriptions of Reserve Fund/Reserve Fund Study, Financial Issues/Annual Budget, the Estoppel Certificate, Insurance and Risk Management, duty to maintain and repair the assets of the Corporation.
Registration and Access - September 2020 Course
- Click to register for the course - Cost to non-members is $47.50. Individual registration and payment by credit card only.
- Course materials - A password is required to open this PDF file.
- Test questions - To receive NLAR credit for completing this course, download test, answer the questions and return by email as directed. A password is required to open this PDF file.
- Access to this course is available September 1-30, 2020.
- CCI NL members may access the course materials for free from the Members Only web page.