COVID-19 Precautions for Condominium Residents
Posted March 28, 2020
- As much as possible, remain within your unit.
- When you are in the common areas, avoid touching commonly touched areas.
- When using the elevator, use your knuckle or elbow to touch the buttons, and avoid a crowded elevator.
- When returning to your unit, wash your hands immediately, and thoroughly for a least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, especially when you are outside your unit.
- Our Province has declared a State of Emergency and we must follow their guidelines during the Covid 19 crisis. It is now mandatory to self isolate for 14 days after you you travel out of Province. You can be arrested or fined for non compliance, and you risk the lives of those you contact.
- Now is not a time to meet with family and friends for social gatherings. Social distancing is vital to prevent further spread of this Virus. Let your phone and computer be your main source of contact with your loved ones.
- For your Board of Directors, we recommend your meetings be by phone or email and that any scheduled AGM’s be cancelled until we are over this pandemic.
- Most drug stores and some grocery stores offer home delivery. While it is wise to keep one week of food on hand, please do not buy in bulk, as it adds to panic buying and empty shelves.
- If you are sick, stay at home. If you feel you may have come in contact with the Covid 19 Virus, call 811.
- If you have a balcony, and weather permits, use it to get fresh air, or occasionally open a window and sit near it. Go for a walk to get some exercise but try to keep at least 6 feet from other people. Gentle stretches several times a day will help you feel better.
- Stay home and stay safe.
- For more information visit: www.health.gov.nl.ca/health/publichealth/cdc/Coronavirus/ Or call 1-833-771-0696