CCI-NL Realtors Course
This course is designed as a self-paced reading assignment with comprehension questions at the end. The four chapters each include four multiple choice questions at the end of each Chapter. An Addendum with tips for Realtors is provided at the end of the course.
COST: Members = $27.50. Non-members = $47.50.
REALTORS COURSE INTRODUCTION
Brief course overview including overall CCI objectives.
Chapter 1: INTRODUCTION TO CONDOMINIUMS
Topics covered include CCI Objectives, NLAR Condo Course Objectives, overview on history of condos in NL, an extensive analysis of condominium data carried out in the Spring of 2019 and basic information on condominiums.
Chapter 2: GOVERNING AUTHORITY, STRUCTURE, ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES
This chapter describes condo governing documents, structure and role of the Declarant, Board of Directors and Property Manager.
Chapter 3: MANAGEMENT STYLES
This is a detailed description of the different management options for condominiums - self managed by the Board of Directors, professionally managed by a Full Service Property Manager or an alternative management style.
Chapter 4: MANAGEMENT ISSUES
Topics include detailed descriptions of Reserve Fund/Reserve Fund Study, Financial Issues/Annual Budget, the Estoppel Certificate, Insurance and Risk Management, duty to maintain and repair the assets of the Corporation.
Chapters 1 to 4 consisted of detailed basic information on Condominiums - tailored for Realtors. The Addendum is information compiled Just for Realtors.
Registration and Access
Access to this course is available until March31, 2021.
- Cost to members is $27.50; non-members is $47.50. Individual registration and payment by credit card only.
- After successful registration, additional instructions will be sent by email.
- Click here to register for the course
- Click here to download course materials
- A password is required to open and download this PDF file. You must successfully register to obtain a password.
- Separate fillable PDF files for the test questions and course evaluation are available below.
This test is provided so that you can gauge your understanding of the material. The test consists of four multiple choice questions for each of the four chapters. You may submit your test for grading. Those submitting a test that achieves a passing grade will receive a certificate of successful completion from CCI NL.
- Click here to download test questions
- This file is a fillable PDF form. -- To complete the form, the use of proper software such as Acrobat Reader is required. NOTE: Devices (such as tablets) may require that you install an additional app (beyond a PDF reader) in order to use the features of a form. Please consult with your device manufacturer for advice on a suitable app.
- Use the same password that you used for the course materials to open this password-protected PDF file.
- Complete the test by supplying your name, email address and selecting an answer to each question. Remember to save your answers.
- Email your answers for grading to David Cumming at email@example.com.
- NLAR training credit may be available after receipt of a certificate of completion from CCI NL.
Course Comments & Ratings
Please help CCI NL meet our goal to continuously improve this course for the benefit of all those involved in the condominium industry here in NL. Upon completion of this Course, we encourage the participant to forward comments and suggestions to CCI-NL Director David Cumming.
- Click here to download course comments & ratings form
- No password is needed to open the file.
- This file is a fillable PDF form and proper software is required as noted above.
- Please remember to save your answers.
- Email your feedback to David Cumming at firstname.lastname@example.org.